Friday, November 2, 2012

Michael's Toast of the Town Blog Hop


I decided to join in the Michael's Toast of the Town Necklace Blog Hop!

The lovely & talented Erin Prais-Hintz designed the Toast of the Town Necklace and challenged her readers to join in a Quick Fire Challenge.

The only requirement was that the instructions for the construction of her necklace be followed. We could use beads from our stash
or head to Michael's to find more!

Since I have an extensive collection of beads I knew that wouldn't
be a problem. Which ones I would choose, however, presented a challenge! My necklace is a combination of turquoise heshi, wood and copper rounds, Mill Hill seed beads (from Michael's), fire polished and pressed glass leaf Czech beads, funky freshwater pearls and chain.

I didn't have a large toggle clasp, so I decided to make my own.


Close-up of handmade copper and tin toggle clasp.

I had some scrap copper sheet that I had roller printed for another project. So, I punched the disc and cut the bar from the copper and then rivited scraps of printed tin with a leaf pattern to the back of each to add a splash of color. I think they look pretty cool!


View of necklace with strands twisted.

Here is Erin's Toast of the Town Necklace... it's a beauty!

Image © Tesori Trovati

If you'd like to make your own Toast of the Town Necklace simply click here for the materials list and instructions.

If you'd like to see more variations check out Erin's blog.


Images & Text © re-maker
All rights reserved.

13 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

I really like what you did. I'm hoping to get mine finished, if not by tomorrow, by Saturday. I love your clasp and the copper and riveting.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Clever girl! What a pretty clasp you created. Totally fits my idea of a pretty fall necklace

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wonder necklace - just love those colors! Love the clasp you made and goes perfectly with the beads!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Beautiful color combination of beady goodness! And your clasp is GORGEOUS! Love it!

Tanya said...

The greens and copper in the necklace are wonderful .. one of my favorite combinations. :) I love the toggle also. It's a perfect match!

elisabeth said...

Wonderful colors and your toggle is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous clasp! Love the color combinations! Beautiful!

Junksmith said...

Love the necklace and especially the clasp! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love your colors and your clasp is awesome!

TesoriTrovati said...

Such an awesome variation! I love that you created your own clasp. Talk about making it your own! I am also loving the deep autumnal tones of your palette. You truly can make this with any beads and in any style! Thank you so much for taking on this challenge. Enjoy the day. Erin

rosebud101 said...

I love the earthy, organic look of your necklace! Beautiful!!!

Zeniswoman said...

These are my kind of colors... This is a beautiful piece. The clasp is so cool :)
Many blessings,
Holly

KayzKreationz said...

I really liked your toggle clasp you made, too. I finally got mine done and the blog post up if you'd like to check it out.

http://kayzkreationz.blogspot.com/2012/11/toast-of-town-michaels-blog-hop.html